Advance preview of some of the changes and additions included in the January 2016 product release, and how these can support emerging market trends.
January 2016 product release
Our customers in the process and power industries act in a dynamic and globalizing market. Their main goal is to contribute to the profitability of the organization, but both internal and external factors change the circumstances constantly, requiring management to take appropriate action. This is reflected on the IT systems used to facilitate the business.
BlueCielo sees an increasing number of customers centralizing their business applications and using (hybrid) cloud-based solutions, but we also see that owner operators are not willing to store all their intellectual property in the cloud. They therefore often opt for centralization while using cloud-based solutions for collaboration with external contractors and suppliers. The new Meridian 2016 release, expected to become available in January 2016, has been developed to provide features for these requirements.
- Powerful Hypertrieve 5.1 engine delivers very high, consistent performance in large vaults with many users.
- Site Cache brings faster upload and download speeds for engineers working in remote locations while still connecting to the central server for all vault information.
- Within a vault, a new user interface using ribbons delivers access to all the same capabilities in the web client as in the full windows client.
- The new interface provides an improved navigation bar for views of the vault and extended functionality for title-block synchronization, audit reports and project management.
Maintenance & Engineering connected
- Any file that can be scanned for full text indexing can now be used for tag extraction.
- In addition, tags can be extracted from AutoCAD and MicroStation files based on block properties.
- A new version of the Explorer Mobile app now supports improved search and commenting
- Certified SAP integration