Grifols is a global healthcare company with a 70-year legacy of improving people’s health and well being through the development of life-saving plasma medicines, diagnostics systems, and hospital pharmacy products. The company is present in more than 100 countries worldwide and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. In 2013, sales exceeded 2,740 million euros with a headcount of 13,200 employees. Grifols demonstrates its commitment to advancing healthcare by allocating a significant portion of its annual income to R&D.
Grifols has deployed BlueCielo Meridian to control access to plant-wide technical documentation and drawings while simultaneously allowing their parallel use within maintenance and capital projects. The validation of the GMP solution and the assurance of adherence to 21 CFR Part 11 requirements were expedited through the use of a suite of validation documentation templates from BlueCielo.
How Grifols uses BlueCielo solutions
- Control engineering and asset information in an FDA-regulated, GMP environment
- Ensure FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliant control throughout the drawing and document lifecycle
- Leverage concurrent engineering to improve efficiency of capital projects
- Integrate with IBM Maximo to streamline turnover of critical information between Engineering and Maintenance
- Integrate with Microsoft SharePoint for seamless collaboration and project information turnover
What Grifols says
“Grifols has realized the anticipated efficiency gains in our capital projects and in streamlining information turnover between operations and maintenance. Additionally, BlueCielo’s life sciences experience and quality-based implementation processes contributed to the successful system validation.”
– Director of Project Engineering at Grifols