About Glencore Nikkelverk
As part of Glencore plc, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resources companies, the Nikkelverk plays an important role in supplying high quality nickel to the global market. Glencore Nikkelverk in Kristiansand (Norway) employs approximately 550 people, including contractors.
Glencore Nikkelverk uses BlueCielo Meridian to manage as-built technical documentation, mainly drawings at the Nikkelverk factory located in Kristiansand. Document workflow is used to control drawings before release. Automatic publishing and creation of renditions is done with BlueCielo Meridian Publisher when new revisions are released.
How Glencore Nikkelverk uses BlueCielo solutions
PLM Solutions implemented BlueCielo Meridian and BlueCielo Meridian Publisher integrated with AutoCAD, Inventor and internal business systems. This delivered benefits including:
- Centralized storage of as-built documentation
- Controlled document workflow in maintenance and newbuilding projects
- Portal where external suppliers delivers and work directly with documents in BlueCielo Meridian
- Automatic publishing and rendition of released documents
What Glencore Nikkelverk Says
“PLM Solutions have been our partner for BlueCielo Meridian Enterprise since we migrated from AutoManager Workflow to Meridian in 2000. PLM Solutions really knows our business needs and are involved in every aspect of Meridian customization and implementation.”
– Document Controller, Glencore Nikkelverk AS