A Day in the Life of an Engineering Drawing
WEBINAR ON DEMAND
Join the journey of an engineering drawing throughout the asset lifecycle – from sharing information with Maintenance, to managing concurrent engineering projects and collaborating with contractors in the cloud.
Managing engineering information is always complex, but when this information is in constant change, how do you ensure it reflects the as-built situation? Many solutions address key areas like managing master data or improving handover, but few address managing and controlling engineering information throughout the entire asset lifecycle.
In this webinar, we take you through a day in the life of an engineering drawing throughout the full asset lifecycle. From sharing information between Maintenance and Engineering, to managing concurrent engineering projects and collaborating with contractors in the cloud – it all comes together to form an integrated ‘single source of truth’ that results in improved compliance, efficiency, and profitability.
Watch this webinar on demand where we go through:
- 1 – Maintenance feedback initiates modification projects
- Direct access to engineering information via EAM system
- Change request communicated to Engineering
- Engineering picks up and assesses change request
- 2 – Engineering drawings used for concurrent modification projects
- Drawing required in parallel projects
- Control drawing progress through workflows and reviews
- Manage internal and external handover
- 3 – Engineering collaboration with contractors in the cloud
- Global data exchange with external contractors and suppliers
- Monitor project progress and validate deliverables
- Seamless handover from contractors to Engineering
- 4 – Maintenance receives updated drawing information
- Verify data completeness and consistency before internal handover
- Information released from Engineering to Maintenance EAM system
- Maintenance utilizes updated information for next work orders
Chris Tsangarides has over 25 years of experience in the Engineering Document Management industry, including several years working as an independent consultant. He has experience in all aspects of systems implementations – from analysis, to design, implementation, training and support. He has been with BlueCielo for over 15 years, providing technical knowledge and professional services recommendations to companies in numerous industries and locations throughout the world.
Sheena Chaudhry is an Industrial and Systems Engineer with 5 years of experience in manufacturing and engineering software, including strategy, analysis, design and implementation. At BlueCielo, Sheena is a trusted advisor, helping to match Engineering Information Management (EIM) and Asset Lifecycle Information Management (ALIM) solutions to each company’s unique requirements and ensure maximum return on investment.
Watch the Webinar On Demand
To access the webinar, simply complete the form below. All fields marked * are required.